Last modified: September 17, 2016
You trust us to provide safe and quality children’s educational content that children of all ages can enjoy. Because we at Hallagreen Publishing LLC (“Hallagreen”) have children ourselves, we understand how important privacy is to you and your family. We are committed to creating a safe and secure environment that all family members can enjoy. We collect only the information about our users and their use of our services that will help us continuously improve our application.
Collection of Information
You or your child may be required to provide or we might obtain from other websites some or all of the following types of information in order to register, access various content or features, directly contact us with questions or feedback, or access other features of the Services:
• Contact information, such as parent’s and children’s names, e-mail addresses, ages, and birth dates
• User name and password
• Geolocation information
• Other information, such as school, city, state, and zip code
• Communications preferences
• Search queries
• Comments and other information posted through interactive online features
• Correspondence you send to us
Some of the Services may allow you or your child to enter text and information in open fields, such as comment sections, and message boards. If you or your child chooses to participate in these public areas of the Services, please be aware that any information submitted through these areas is public. Please use caution in disclosing personal information in these areas. Although we moderate our public forums to keep their content appropriate for the forum’s intended audience, we are not responsible for the information you or your child submits in these open forums and public areas or for other user’s actions with respect to that information. This includes anything that might be posted on our pages at various social media websites.
Use of Information
We generally use the information that we collect about you or your child to:
• Fulfill your or your child’s requests for services and information
• Enable you or your child to download our apps
• Enable you or your child to participate in interactive features, such as comment boxes and forums
• Display content and information that you may be interested in
• Customize the content displayed when you or your child use the Services
• Analyze use of our Services to understand and improve our service offerings, such as determining which pages are most popular, which browsers are most used, how long users spend on the Services, and which websites our users may come from
• Otherwise support the internal operations of the Services
• For any other purposes disclosed to you or your child at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent
We may aggregate your or your child’s information with information about other users so that it no longer identifies and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual person.
Disclosure of Information
We may share information that is collected from you or your child in the following circumstances:
• Authorized third-party service providers. We may share information with our third-party service providers to help us fulfill requests and perform various functions necessary to our educational mission, including usage analytics, data processing, and account management. For example, our service providers may provide to us and analyze on our behalf usage information so that we can identify which of our services are most popular and how they can be improved.
• Business transfers. We may share information in connection with a substantial business transaction, such as the sale of the Services, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
• Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, property, safety, and security of Hallagreen, our customers, website users, or the public.
• With your consent. We may share your or your child’s information with your consent.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties to help us develop content and services that we hope you or your child will find of interest or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings.
We use these technologies to help us recognize your or your child’s browser as a previous user and save and remember any preferences that may have been set; to help us customize the content shown while you or your child use the Services; to provide you or your child with content customized to your interests and to understand whether users read e-mail messages and click on links contained within those messages so that we can deliver quality content and offers; and to help measure and research the effectiveness of our Services, interactive online content, features, and other communications.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects may be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of our site may no longer be available to you or your child.
Parental Consent, Access, and Deletion
We endeavor to obtain a parent or legal guardian’s consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children. Parents or legal guardians may contact us to ask if we have collected their child’s personal account information, to review that information, if any, and request that Hallagreen stop collecting this information and have it deleted. Such requests are subject to Hallagreen’s verifying to our satisfaction that the requester is in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian.
Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your and your child’s information. We have adopted reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect this information from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Services but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of information about you or your child.
Third-Party Services, Content, and External Links
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google, or through the Services to share information about your experience with your friends and other connections, we may collect information about you from those websites and related services. In addition, third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Services, and they may notify others about your use of the Services, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Have Concerns or Questions?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at:
Hallagreen Publishing LLC
P.O. Box 1643
Bellaire, Texas 77402